|Royal Acres Country Club is a privately owned
dog park located at 3554 South Sturdy Road in Valparaiso,
Indiana. The park is a five acre grassy area enclosed by a six
foot fence. It provides a safe place to exercise and socialize
for dogs and their people.
Memberships are available for terms of one month to one year:
- 1 Year Membership: $150
- 9 Month Membership: $120
- 6 Month Membership: $100
- 3 Month Membership: $75
- 1 Month Membership: $40
- Multiple dogs from the same household: second dog is
half price, third dog is one third price
All memberships require an additional $10 refundable deposit
for every key FOB issued.
Day visits available by appointment or on Fridays during
business hours - we need to be here to let you into the park ($5).
All dogs are required to pre-register.
Proof of current rabies, bordatella, and distemper/parvo vaccinations
All owners are required to read and agree to the
rules of the park (see below.)
Members may visit the park any time from
dawn until dusk, seven days a week, 52 weeks a year.
Dog Park Rules:
- Canine and human members and visitors
are expected to behave with common courtesy and respect for
the property as well as the other park users.
- Owners must stay with their dogs as they
move around the park. Owners are expected to control their
dogs, and to encourage and supervise them as they move
around the park.
- Dogs are expected to have basic
obedience training and respond to voice commands.
- All park dogs must be evaluated and
approved to use the park. If you get a new dog, obtain a
foster dog, or are pet sitting a dog, they must be
evaluated, have proof of vaccinations, and obtain a day pass
before they are permitted to enter the park.
- Dogs that are exhibiting symptoms of an
illness or injury are not permitted into the park.
- Owners will assume responsibility and
liability for the actions and behaviors of their dogs at all
times, including loss, damage or injury of any kind
sustained by any human or dog while using Royal Acres
- No choke or prong collars are allowed in
the park. They can snag on trees, fences, furniture, as well
as another dog's mouth.
- Please clean up after your dog. The
necessary supplies are provided for you.
- Puppies must be four months old and have
completed puppy shots.
- No female dogs in season are allowed in
- No children under 10 years old (and no
running or chasing by older children.)
- Vaccinations for rabies, bordetella, and
distemper/parvo must be current (please provide the office
with the updated records throughout the year.)
- Dogs should receive year-round heart
worm and flea prevention treatment.
- Maximum 3 dogs per owner/handler at one
- Excessive barking and fence fighting
must be discouraged.
- No digging allowed in the park or along
the fencing. Owners must try to fill in any holes their dogs
- No “people food,” smoking, or glass
containers allowed in the park.
- No food in bowls or long lasting chews
for dogs--small bite-sized training treats are ok for your
- Please keep treats in a sealed plastic
bag, and be discreet when dispensing them. Do not “share”
treats with other dogs without owner’s permission.
- Frisbees, balls, and retrieval toys are
allowed and encouraged, but be prepared to “share” with
other park visitors (Please don’t bring “favorite” toys as
they may be misplaced/lost within the park.)
- Dogs must be off leash inside the park,
but owners must carry the leash.
- If it is necessary to leash your dog due
to a behavior problem, please exit the park promptly.
- Dogs must be on leash outside the park
for their safety.
- Maximum number of dogs allowed in the
park at one time: 20 dogs on week days and 40 on weekends.
- Have fun!